Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Liverpool right-back Glen Johnson, insisted that he was not worried about the status of his contract at the club today. He claimed relaxed about the situation that occurred today. 

If not renewed by Liverpool, Johnson will be a player in free transfer at the end of the 2014/2015 season. There are doubts whether Liverpool will offer a 30-year-old a new contract or not. 

The England international, who suffered a thigh injury when Liverpool lost 1-3 to Manchester City on Tuesday (26/8), said that while there has been no conversation taking place in a new contract, he admitted relaxed about the situation. 

"I'm very relaxed about my contract. Nothing happened talks with his current club. There is little talk towards the end of last season, but nothing else," said Johnson told the Liverpool Echo 

"I love playing football here from the first day. I'm more than happy here. However, obviously I can only speak to the club about it when they want to talk to me," he continued. 

With Johnson's free to sign a pre-contract agreement with a rival club in January, his time on Merseyside could be limited. However, Johnson refused to look too far ahead as he tries to help Liverpool become the Premier League champion this season. 

"In January I was able to talk to other clubs, but I'll worry about that when January comes," said the former Chelsea defender. 

"At the minute I'm playing for Liverpool and I am happy here. I am more willing to stay." 

"I'm just going to concentrate on the things that happened at the club week in week out. Manager has taken me so far. Was indicating that he wanted me here," said Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment